Wednesday, January 18, 2012

gray paint



Hello friends.

And I do mean friends.

Thank you for all of the kind comments.  In the beginning I thought about closing the comments.  I never want you to think that I am fishing for attention.

But I didn't.  And I am glad for that.

Maybe I was fishing for attention...maybe support is a more appropriate word.  So, while we are telling the truth, it felt good to be heard.  Either way, it felt good.  

I have missed you all.  I have missed the friendships that have developed here over the years.  Even though many of us have never met, I have missed our little check-ins.  

And a few of you brave folks mentioned that you are going through something similar with your child or your husband.  Or that you struggle with  how we Christians are our worst enemies.

I feels good to know that if I post a crochet project or a garden photo, you all know that behind the scenes there are psychiatry appointments happening, and conferences with school counselors, lots of time reading books about having healthy boundaries here.


One thing I grow sure of everyday is that there is power in knowing we are not alone - which is the whole reason I started blogging in the first place.  It feels so nice to get back to that truth again.



Our weekends are now dominated with indoor soccer.  This is the first time the boys have played indoor and the first game the oldest two looked like deer in headlights.  It so much faster than outdoor.  With clear walls that remind me of a hockey game,  the ball never goes out of play.  So as much as I try to crochet, in two games Im still not done with this hat.

Maybe next week.


S is gone for a few months.  (exhale)  Which gives me a chance to get to some projects that have been on the radar for quite a long time.  It seems like with kids the age ours are, boys to boot, we can only expect wall paint to last about 4 years and it has been 4 years since we moved back to VA and repainted the house.  So the pale green is becoming a pretty, easy-on-the-eyes gray blue.  I know there has been some talk about whether this gray on the walls trend will last, but I don't even care.  We're all about cutting clutter and calming colors around here, so Im in love with it.  Love gray!

And Im loving that gray is even more of a neutral than the previous green.  Which lets me change pillows or throws on a whim if I get a little bored with the color scheme.



My pinterest files are growing and growing and growing.  Im beginning to dream again.  Dream about what I want my house to look like how I want my life to be.  Even if half of the ideas don't come to fruition, I'm learning that dreaming is important.



Several of you asked why I decided to start a new blog.  And I guess it all boils down to the fact that it just wasn't a safe place anymore.  Too many people who felt like strangers, too many people who knew me in real life following along way too closely, family members with expectations.

I kept a private journal for quite some time, but I have to say...I missed you all.

Im hoping to get back around to checking in on everyone's blogs or frequently.  But Im still looking for the balance between flickr, pinterest, twitter, facebook, etc.  I can quickly find myself on overload and not taking care of the business of everyday that I need to be taking care of.  Which I know is my own issue to solve and I'm not sure I've figured it all out yet.

But this space is feeling safe.  And safe is good!

19 comments:

  1. i'm glad i can find you here.
    and a fresh coat of paint does wonders. it looks beautiful xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, fresh coat of paint (and spackle) was needed for many reasons...one to cover up the holes left where S ripped out our security system when he thought "they were after us" two years ago. Its funny to think about it now, but not at the time. Have to laugh about it now though. :-)

      Delete
  2. you sound good, eren. i love stopping by your new space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt like I was missing out on the "new blog" answer. I hope you don't mind me stopping over. ;) Blogging has always felt like a bridge to normalcy to me. Every single time I type something I'm nervous about are the very times I get the most comments. And that means I not alone. And I feel completely in my skin and confident that I can kick ass all over the place. I'm guessing you feel the same way. Which is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are back, even in a different space and happy that you are allowing me a window in :-) You're crochet project looks beautiful, and makes me want to get my hook going - I always start, then don't finish something because I get too "busy".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Eren, just found the new blog via Twitter. I love all the gray. I was just telling a friend that when we move (really hoping to in the next year, but planning to stay in VA) I want my blog to remain a secret from my local friends (the friends I hope to make.) I think it gets in the way of friendships somehow. People forget that it's just a blog at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a bit weird for friends IRL I think. I hope you get to stay in VA Ginny! I miss TX, but VA is a wonderful state.

      Delete
  6. So glad I've found your new space!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the grey! i did my dining room and bedroom in a similar grey in the fall and those two rooms are now my fave and so soothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I remember you painting a while back. Glad to know you still like it.

      Delete
  8. love the gray. we plan on painting our room, for when it goes to all three boys, a light gay.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad I found ya :) I always love your posts... Jolene (not ure if you remember me from the HHC?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fresh paint can help in so many ways. Glad you have this space and our support.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I stumbled across your blog via habitblog.com, and just had to comment when I saw the Three Ships Inn sign. My grandmother was friends with the owner and lived down the road from that restaurant. She was just heartbroken when it closed. I hadn't thought about Three Ships Inn in years, and it was an absolute delightful surprised to recognize that sign. :)

    ReplyDelete